Mind Body Connection
Yoga and Mindfulness classes offer an innovative, safe environment that encourages self-acceptance, fun and peace. These practices help with self-regulation, mind-body awareness, and the ability to focus and calm our minds and are proven to reduce stress and anxiety. Minds seem to never turn off these days which leads to more anxious thoughts, anger and perfectionism. Leaping from one thing to another, our children’s minds are never left to rest but Yoga and Mindfulness provide space to slow and settle. When children can learn how to relax and be still, they have incredible mental strength, enabling them to handle the stressors and pressures in today’s world.
Practice Makes Present: Yoga for Perfectionism and Anxiety
Does your child struggle with feelings of anxiety? Do they become frustrated when they aren’t perfect? Just like adults, children have to be taught strategies to combat these overwhelming feelings. If you want to empower your child to have more freedom from anxiety and understand that they have the power to calm their mind then this class is for you.
In Practice Makes Present children will learn to:
- Learn how to independently calm their body using their breath.
- Understand the meaning of “practice” and that many skills can never be perfect.
- Participate in focused movement that calms both the body and the mind.
The Warrior Within: Yoga for Building Confidence
Do you want your child to be more confident? Do they struggle to see their inner gifts and strengths? If so, your child would be an ideal participant for this yoga class. Often in our culture, children are praised mainly for their achievement and this can lead to low self-esteem, confidence, and sense of self. We will work to teach children that they are inherently worthy and valuable just by being themselves!
In The Warrior Within children will learn to:
- Identify their strengths.
- Explore and develop physical and mental strength.
- Express confidence through their words and actions.
Family Flow: Yoga for Building Family Connections
Are you looking for a new way to connect with your child? Ever been curious about yoga or maybe practice it? If so, this yoga class is perfect for you and your children. We will explore new ways to play and connect with your child as we move and grow together.
In Yoga for Building Family Connections families will learn:
- How to cooperate and play through movement.
- Mindfulness techniques that can be used at home for self-regulation and calming.
- New ways to communicate lovingly with each other.